Praying the Psalms
+ In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen!
Opening – (Northumbria Community)
One thing I have asked of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life; to behold the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple.
Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ, King of endless glory.
Morning Reading: Psalm 103 (NLT) – A psalm of David.
Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.
- He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
- He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
- He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!
- The Lord gives righteousness and justice to all who are treated unfairly.
- He revealed his character to Moses and his deeds to the people of Israel.
- He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever.
- He does not punish us for all our sins; he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve.
For his unfailing love toward those who fear him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west.
- The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him.
- For he knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust.
- Our days on earth are like grass; like wildflowers, we bloom and die.
- The wind blows, and we are gone—as though we had never been here.
- But the love of the Lord remains forever with those who fear him.
- His salvation extends to the children’s children of those who are faithful to his covenant, of those who obey his commandments!
The Lord has made the heavens his throne; from there he rules over everything.
Praise the Lord, you angels, you mighty ones who carry out his plans, listening for each of his commands. Yes, praise the Lord, you armies of angels who serve him and do his will! Praise the Lord, everything he has created, everything in all his kingdom.
Let all that I am praise the Lord.
O Lord our God: Let all that I am – my heart, my mind, and my soul – praise your holy Name –
+ for you have shown me your mercy and loving-kindness; I am forgiven…
+ for you have shown me your healing power; I am renewed…
+ for you have shown me your sacrificial love; I am redeemed…
+ for you have shown me your compassion; I am loved…
+ for you have shown me your peace; I am content…
+ for you have shown me your Kingdom; I am born again…
O Lord our God: Let all that I am – my heart, my mind, and my soul – praise your holy Name; for you have sent your Son to save my soul, and it’s in his Name that I pray and give you the glory. Amen.
“Psalms 103” – Brush Arbor
Blessing – (Northumbrian Community)
May the peace of the Lord Christ go with you, wherever He may send you. May He guide you through the wilderness, and protect you through the storm. May He bring you home rejoicing at the wonders He has shown you. May He bring you home rejoicing once again into our doors.
+ In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Categories: Life in Christ